Over 6000 patient visits to Dr. Calvin Lee, MD in 2016
I just wanted to say that I am very grateful for the growth that I’ve experienced at Surgical Artistry in Modesto, CA. My wife, Dr. Tammy Wu, and I started Surgical Artistry in 2006, and I personally only had 103 patient visits in that very first year. And now it is January of 2017, and I got a chance to look at the data for the year 2016. That reveals over 6000 patient visits to me for Acupuncture, Botox, Juvederm, Kybella, Voluma, and other cosmetic injections.
I changed my focus of my career from a general surgery / trauma based practice to a acupuncture / cosmetic injections type practice in 2006. We have to start somewhere when we change over. In 2009, I took 3 months off to tour Asia on my violin – I got to solo with great orchestras and perform at amazing concert halls. Then in 2010 I was back to work full swing but that was the year we decided to become independent from medical insurance. So for sure after 2010, it was a great big adventure for us.
In 2016, I hit the Diamond Status with Allergan which is a designation for their top 4% of their practices. I am very thankful for this growth and support from my patients from Modesto and beyond. I will do my best to continue to improve my skill in terms of results and safety. I also want to continue to increase the value of what I do for my patients.
I look forward to two more decades of work in Modesto.
ABOUT SURGICAL ARTISTRY
Surgical Artistry was formed in 2006 in Modesto by husband and wife team Dr. Tammy Wu and Dr. Calvin Lee to promote wellness and beauty through Acupuncture, Botox, and Plastic Surgical procedures. Dr. Wu and Dr. Lee had educational opportunities at Brown University, Harvard, Stanford, Case Western Reserve, and Southern Illinois University. Dr. Wu graduated top of her medical school class at Brown University. Dr. Lee on the violin was concertmaster of orchestras at Brown University, Harvard University and in New York where he grew up. He believes that playing musical instruments improves the dexterity required to be a good surgeon. Dr. Wu and Dr. Lee came to Modesto in 2003. Dr. Tammy Wu is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and Dr. Calvin Lee is a Board Certified General Surgeon with specialized experience in Trauma. He became an Acupuncturist in 2006. Surgical Artistry has evolved since 2010 to become independent of medical insurances. Thus the procedures we do today are those that are usually not covered by insurance, or poorly covered by insurance. Tummy Tucks, Breast Augmentation, Cosmetic Botox for wrinkles on the face, Kybella injection for Double Chin, and Acupuncture are the majority of our procedures at Surgical Artistry.
We are proud supporters of the arts and healthy living in Central Valley and Sacramento. We are founders of the Gallo Center for the Arts, founding title sponsors for the Surgical Artistry Modesto Symphony Pops Series / Surgical Artistry Modesto Symphony Fat Cat Classics 2006-2009, and founding title sponsors for the Surgical Artistry Modesto Marathon
Please feel free to call us for more information (209) 551-1888. And visit one of our self-made 100+ websites: www.SurgeryToday.com, www.ModestoKybella.com, www.ModestoBreastSurgery.com, www.ModestoTummyTuck.com, www.InjectionArtistry.com, www.ModestoAcupuncture.com, www.ajabwelldone.com
We moved on March 22, 2019 to Dale Road. Our new address is:
4754 Dale Road
Modesto, CA 95356
Dr. Lee self-proclaims that he made the first plastic surgery webpage in the world back in 1995 and it was for the Brown University department of Plastic Surgery.
On Facebook, I was posting about a Kybella live injection demonstration event at my office, Surgical Artistry in Modesto, and I got a few questions about Kybella and a few questions about Botox. I wanted to try to answer this Botox question here which was a question about how much Botox costs. I think this is a somewhat difficult question to answer because everyone wants something different. Sometimes extremely different. But this answer might be a good generalization
How much for Botox?
I approach all my procedures as surgical procedures including my Botox injections. Injected by me, I charge $12.75 per unit for Botox (2017 pricing, subject to change). To expand this further, Let’s say one was to inject the glabellar complex (the area between the eyes). On average I use 20 units for that area. That comes out to $255 (2017 pricing, subject to change). However that might not be the right amount based on your goals. We can definitely do less or do more. There are pros and cons to each decision and I would work hard to listen and create the right result for each unique patient. And I would work hard to make sure the Botox was used very efficiently without any wasting of the very very valuable product! Thanks for asking!
I wrote this little essay which might be of interest:
What it means to me to be your doctor
I just heard on NPR today that the iPhone turns 10 years old today. Today is 1/9/17. This means that on 1/9/2007 the iPhone was unveiled to the world by Apple.
We are 1 year older than the iPhone!!!
Timeline of events
- 2003 – Dr. Lee and Dr. Wu came to Modesto from Springfield Illinois.
- 2006 – Surgical Artistry was founded. Birthday is 2/24/2006.
- 2006 – Dr. Calvin Lee plays heavy metal on the violin at the Fat Cat with famed violinist Rachel Barton
- 2006 – Dr. Calvin Lee was given the award as Outstanding Community Faculty Physician by the Stanislaus Family Practice Residence, affiliated with UC Davis and Doctors Medical Center of Modesto.
- 2007 – Surgical Artistry becomes a founding Presenting Sponsor of the Surgical Artistry Modesto Symphony Pops series.
- 2008 – Dr. Tammy Wu came on the board of directors for the Cooperative of American Physicians based in Los Angeles.
- 2008 – Dr. Calvin Lee plays at the Gallo Center for the first time as part of an Assyring Rock Band with Walter Aziz and Ashur Bet Sargis.
- 2009 – Dr. Calvin Lee played violin with the YouTube Symphony at Carnegie Hall in New York City. This is his second time at Carnegie Hall.
- 2009 – Dr. Lee had a write up about his violin playing in Strings Magazine
- 2009 – Dr. Lee and Dr. Wu, as Surgical Artistry, helped to start the Surgical Artistry Modesto Marathon. The date was 11/13/2009
- 2009 – Dr. Lee soloed and toured around Asian countries playing violin
- 2011 – Dr. Lee got to be a speaker for Allergan on the topic of Latisse
- 2012 Boston Channel 5 aired a clip on Dr. Calvin Lee performing facial rejuvenation acupuncture.
- 2015 – Dr. Lee becomes the first surgeon to inject Kybella in Central Valley, California. It was an honor to be selected to have access to Kybella by the Kythera company who developed Kybella.
- 2015 – Dr. Lee won a piano concerto competition and soloed with orchestra in Los Angeles
- 2016 – Surgical Artistry became presenting sponsor for Rina’s Run half marathon, 10K and 5K in Ripon
- 2016 – had the 7th running of the Surgical Artistry Modesto Marathon
- 2016 – Surgical Artistry became presenting sponsor for Modesto Moves and Ripon-Manteca Moves.
- 2016 – 3rd year in a row of getting the Best-of Stanislaus award from Contentment Health Magazine.
- 2016 – Dr. Lee and Surgical Artistry gets an award from Allergan becoming a Diamond Level account, top 4% of accounts.
- 2017 – Dr. Lee finally gets his first smart phone.
- 2017 – Dr. Calvin Lee / Surgical Artistry becomes top 500 account at Allergan. We estimate that Allergan has 20-30,000 accounts in the USA.